Roberts St Road Construction and Water Service Line Replacement
Open House: Department of Public Works Lunchroom, 1350 E Keating Ave, Thursday, March 9, 4-6 pm
Roberts St Road Construction Project Summary
Rebuild Roberts from Barney to Laketon. At the end of this project the road will have new pavement. The road will not change other than the new blacktop. New sidewalk will be installed between Laketon and Keating on the west side of the road. The project will begin March 13, 2023 and is expected to take about a month and a half to complete. These times may change as the project goes on.
Roberts St Road Construction Important Facts
- Changes to expect: None, except new pavement and new sidewalk on the west side from Laketon to Keating.
- Timeline/timeframe: Beginning March 13, 2023, expected to be complete in about a month and a half.
- Lane, road or intersections shutdown: Traffic one lane only going northbound
- Detour Explanation: Southbound detoured to Getty.
Water Service Line Replacement Project Summary
Water service line replacement to all homes located within the grid outlined on the map, generally in the east Marsh Field neighborhood south of Laketon. Within a three year timeframe the contracted company will work to replace water service lines into each home. This will require a new line being drilled into the basement of each home, and will be followed by new pavement in the road. The City estimates that the work could begin in August 2023. The City or the City’s Contractor will get in contact with you to schedule the replacement of your water service line.
Water Service Line Replacement Important Facts
- Changes to expect: A new water service line from your basement to the street, followed by new pavement in the road.
- Timeline/timeframe: A day or two of work at your home, sometime between August 2023 to August 2025. A time will be scheduled with you before the work is done.
- Lane, road or intersections shutdown: Your street may be closed to traffic while the work happens, but you will have access to your home.