CITY OF MUSKEGON
DATE OF MEETING: Wednesday, June 29, 2022 at 4 pm
PLACE OF MEETING: Commission Chambers, First Floor, Muskegon City Hall
I. Roll Call
II. Public Hearings
A. Hearing, Case 2022-18: Request for special use permit to operate a pregnancy services office at 1275
AMERICAN DISABILITY ACT POLICY FOR ACCESS TO OPEN MEETING OF THE
CITY COMMISSION AND ANY OF ITS COMMITTEES OR SUBCOMMITTEES
The City of Muskegon will provide necessary reasonable auxiliary aids and services, such as signers for the hearing impaired and audio tapes
of printed materials being considered at the meeting, to individuals with disabilities who want to attend the meeting, upon 24- hour notice to
the City of Muskegon. Individuals with disabilities requiring auxiliary aids or services should contact the City of Muskegon by writing or
calling the following:
Ann Meisch, City Clerk
933 Terrace Street
Muskegon MI 49440
June 29, 2022
Hearing, Case 2022-18: Request for special use permit to operate a pregnancy services office at 1275 Peck
1. The property is zoned RM-1, Low Density Multifamily Housing. Most of the allowed principal uses
by right include housing and home offices.
2. Offices for physicians, dentists, architects, attorneys, etc. are allowed with the issuance of a special
3. This building has been historically used for insurance offices, however, there is no special use permit
on file. These businesses were considered legally non-conforming.
4. The applicant states that this office would be used for pregnancy testing, ultrasounds and STD testing
and treatment for low income women. From a zoning standpoint, these services do not differ
significantly from any other type of office use and staff does not interpret this request as needing to
be located in a medical district. The issuance of a special use permit would allow this business to be
considered a legal conforming use.
5. The lot measures about 13,000 sf and the building on site measures 3,540 sf. There is adequate
parking on site for office uses.
6. Notice was sent to everyone in a 300-foot radius of this property. At the time of this writing, staff had
not received any comments from the public.
1275 Peck St
Staff recommends approval of the special use permit.
The following proposed motion is offered for consideration:
I move that the request for special use permit to operate a pregnancy services office at 1275 Peck St be