Public Notice City of Muskegon 2021 CONSOLIDATED/ANNUAL ACTION PLAN
March 29, 2021
CITY OF MUSKEGON 2021 CONSOLIDATED/ANNUAL ACTION PLAN
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENTBLOCK GRANT AND HOME PROGRAM
The City of Muskegon invites interested agencies, groups or citizens to submit Consolidated and Annual Action Plan proposals for Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) and/or HOME Program funding for fiscal year 21-22. The federal CDBG grant to the City for year 2021 is anticipated to be approximately $900,000. The HOME Grant will be approximately $300,000. For an application package, please contact:
Community and Neighborhood Services
933 Terrace Street
Muskegon, MI 49443
Telephone (231) 724-6717
The deadline for proposals is April 6, 2021 at 2:00 p.m. No proposal will be accepted after that date. No faxed or electronic transferred proposal will be accepted.
The Housing, Community Development Act of 1974 and HOME Cranston-Gonzales Affordable Housing Act of 1990 as amended entitles the City of Muskegon to participate in two programs aimed at the development of viable communities including decent housing, suitable living environment and expanding economic opportunity principally for persons of low and moderate income.
Objectives set forth may include;
- Elimination of slums, blight and blighting influences.
- Elimination of conditions which are detrimental to the health, safety, and welfare of the community.
- Conservation and expansion of housing stock.
- Expansion and improvement of community services for public facilities.
- Affordable housing opportunities.
- A reduction in the isolation of income group within the community by increasing the diversity and vitality of neighborhoods.
- Youth Groups/Recreation programs.
- Economic Development.
- Public Service Assistance to seniors, parolees, homeless, and citizens at-large.
Publish: March 21, 2021[PDF]