Request for Proposal (RFP) Industrial Park Roadway Expansion
March 22, 2021
INTRODUCTION TO PROJECT
The City of Muskegon is seeking proposals from interested consulting engineers to provide full survey, design and construction project services related to expansion of the existing road network within the Port City Industrial Park.
The City of Muskegon has acquired through purchase a large addition to the industrial park and is seeking to construct an access road to service the new addition to the park. The City of Muskegon has appropriated a maximum of $750,000 towards completion of the access road project.
Work by the selected engineer will include the following:
- Survey of the entirety of the site to establish site features, topography and boundaries
- Geotechnical or other investigations as needed to support design
- Design of an access road in accordance with City Standards along the approximate route
- Design of utility service for the site both public and coordination with private utilities
- Development and refinement of conceptual layouts for streets and utilities
- Development of complete plans and specifications for the access route and public utilities
- Obtaining any necessary permits for the project
- Assistance in solicitation of bids for the construction of the access road and utilities
- Oversight and administration of the construction contract on behalf of the city
- Prepare final property boundaries including remaining parcels, road right-of-way and any utility easements for the entire site.
Several supporting documents are included and attachments to this RFP to help in the development of proposals and for use during the later project phases:
- Attachment A – Aerial Map of Site Showing Utility Location
- Attachment B – Utility As-Builts for the vicinity
- Attachment C – Approximate Route of Access Road
Additional Design Considerations:
- Consideration will also need to be given to private utilities and their means of serving the future site. Engineer shall be responsible to coordinate and account for private utility needs in the project design.
- The city will be undertaking a separate project to have the site largely cleared of trees prior to the construction project.
- The southern portion of the project is owned by the City but is located within Fruitport Charter Township.
City of Muskegon will host site meetings upon request to answer questions and review the project site. Requests submitted to Leo Evans via email (Leo.Evans@shorelinecity.com) prior to Monday, April 5th 2021 will be accommodated prior to the bid opening. Requests received after that date will be accommodated pending staff availability.
Subcontractors, if any, shall be approved by the Project Manager prior to acceptance on this contract and shall bound by these specifications. It is the responsibility and duty of the contractor to verify that the subcontractor meets all conditions. The contractor shall furnish any subcontractor’s proof of insurance meeting city requirements.
Construction shall be per applicable industry and City of Muskegon standards and shall comply with all applicable City of Muskegon policies and procedures.
Project Schedule is as follows:
- RFP Issued March 22nd, 2021
- RFP Due April 13th, 2021
- Staff Scoring April 14th – April 16th, 2021
- Price Negotiations April 19th – April 20th, 2021
- Staff Recommendation to Commission April 27th, 2021
- Survey May 2021
- Design / Permitting June/July 2021
- Bidding August 2021
- Construction September/October 2021
Due to funding constraints attached to the project there is little availability for flexibility in the schedule and firms unable to maintain the schedule are advised to not provide a proposal.
RFP – Industrial Park Access Road (UPDATED 2021-03-30)
Attachment A Service Road – PCIP
Attachment B Service Road – PCIP
Attachment C Service Road – PCIP
Addendum #001 – Industrial Park Access Road (2021-03-30)