Automated Teller Machine
February 8, 2024
242 W. Western Ave
Muskegon, MI 49440
Request for Proposal (RFP) for Automated Teller Machine (ATM) at Muskegon Farmers Market
The Muskegon Farmers Market is the second biggest outdoor farmers market in Michigan and is currently seeking vendors who provide automated teller machines (ATMs) to submit a proposal for patrons to access cash at the Muskegon Farmers Market, located at 242 W. Western Avenue,
Muskegon, MI 49440.
Why Services Are Being Sought
Services are being sought to:
• Give Farmers Market patrons access to cash to make purchases from the Farmers Market vendors, including farmers, crafters, and concessionaires, including special events.
• Agreement with current vendor is set to expire in June of 2024.
About Muskegon Farmers Market
The Muskegon Farmers Market has been at this location for 10 years. The Market is open year-round and at peak times sees as many as 10,000 visitors on a Saturday during the summer months. The property hosts the Farmers Market as well as a Flea Market. Various Community Events are hosted at the Farmers Market, including Food Truck Rallies, Kids Power of Produce, Senior Power of Produce, cooking classes, Dining in the Dark, Cookie Crawl, an Annual Halloween Bash, the Harvest Festival, etc.
Farmers Market Hours are as follows:
Summer Farmers Market – 1st Saturday in May – November
Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday 8AM-2PM
Winter Farmers Market (In-door) – December – April
Saturdays Only 9AM – 2PM
Flea Market – May – October
Wednesday & Thursday 8AM – 2PM
ATM Vendor and Equipment Requirements
• Placement of an ATM (design and features to be approved by City staff) in a location to be determined by agreement.
• ATM takes EMV “chip” cards.
• Vendor fills the machine with money.
• Vendor services machine.
• Vendor is insured to cover the machine and its contents in case of theft or robbery.
• Cost for use of the machine by a patron would be a surcharge payable to vendor.
• Permission to conduct credit check.
Qualifications of Vendor
• Proof of insurance covering the machine and contents.
• Proof of insurance in the amount of $1,000,000, naming City of Muskegon as additional insured.
Requirements for Proposal Preparation
The proposal submission will include:
1. letter of intent explaining why vendor should be awarded the contract and what they will bring as the preferred vendor, including description of ATM, the suggested location, and its features
2. organizational structure, indicating the CEO, COO, CFO, history/background of service, qualifications to provide services
3. proposal (see ATM Vendor and Equipment Requirements) with a complete description of services to be provided, hours of operation, staffing, time frames, costs, fees, ATM maintenance plan
4. Photos of ATM placement at other locations
6. requirements for service, such as a phone-line, power
7. description of space needed for placement and suggested placement on Farmers Market property
8. proof of insurance, as stated above
9. What can applicant offer the Muskegon Farmers Market? Creativity is encouraged.
10. The agreement should be for five years. Consideration may be given for longer terms if the package offered is favorable to the market.
Contract and Award Process and Criteria
Proposals will be evaluated and reviewed by staff, based upon the criteria required in the RFP and how well the response to the criteria meets or exceeds the services required.
• Deadline for submissions: Tuesday, March 12, 2024 by 2:00 p.m.
Sealed bid (hard copy proposal packet), according to the criteria listed above, need to be delivered to the address below. Our hours are 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. – Monday thru Thursday. No emailed bids or late bids will be accepted.
Muskegon Farmers Market ATM
c/o Muskegon City Clerk
933 Terrace Street
Muskegon, MI 49440
The City of Muskegon reserves the right to reject any or all proposals or to waive any informalities in the proposals.
Questions: Call 231-724-6705 or send an e-mail to [email protected]