Street Lighting

The City of Muskegon contracts with Consumers Energy for street lighting services throughout the City. Streetlights are installed, maintained, and powered by Consumers Energy.

Muskegon Street Lighting Outages

Outages may be reported to Consumers Energy on their website or by calling them at 1-800-477-5050.

New Street Lighting Requests

Requests for new streetlights are handled by the Department of Public Works (DPW). Requests are reviewed against accepted engineering standards for street lighting. Streetlights are designed to ensure the safe passage of vehicles and pedestrians in the roadway. Streetlights will not be installed as a deterrent to crime or to light up a non-roadway area.

Contact the DPW at (231) 724-4100 to inquire about new street lighting requests.