All ordinances, including parking ordinances, can be viewed here in the Document Center.
Paid parking is in effect at Pere Marquette Beach and other nearby parks from May 15th to September 15th. Beach parking passes can be purchased from several kiosks in the area. There are daily and seasonal passes available at the kiosks. If a seasonal pass is purchased at the kiosk, it is recommended that it be turned in for a sticker decal that must be affixed to the driver side lower window. If no daily/seasonal pass is visible, a $30.00 parking ticket will be issued.
- Please note: City of Muskegon residents do not have to pay a fee for a pass but must still obtain and display a pass from the Muskegon Police Department.
Winter parking restrictions are in effective from December through March 1.
- Must park on the ODD/EVEN side of the street between 7:00am – 5:00pm
- On odd days, they must park on the odd side of the street between 7:00am – 5:00pm
- On even days, they must park on the even side of the street between 7:00am – 5:00pm
- Terrace Parking
- Terrace parking is only allowed on the streets that prohibit parking on one side of the street
- Downtown Residents
- 9th-Lakeshore-Spring-Apple-Muskegon-9th and 3rd St. from Muskegon to Merrill
- Must park on the ODD/EVEN side of the street between 12:00am – 7:00am
- On odd days, they must park on the odd side of the street between 12:00am – 7:00am
- On even days, they must park on the even side of the street between 12:00am – 7:00am
Parking tickets range anywhere from $10.00 up to $105.00. After 14 days, unpaid parking tickets double. After 21 days, they triple. And after 30 days, the last late fee is added to a parking ticket. Parking tickets can be paid by mail or in person at the Muskegon Police Department.