The Department of Public Works (DPW) has several major road and utility projects scheduled for the 2024 construction season. Join the DPW team and construction contractors at City Hall on Wednesday, February 28, 2024, from 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM for an open house to discuss all the 2024 projects. This open house is intended to help all residents. You can ask questions about the projects and learn how and why they are being done. If you cannot make the open house but still have questions click the links below to find a project summary and contact information.
Mark *going* on the Facebook event to get the word out to more neighbors!
2024 Road & Utility Construction Projects
- Morton Ave – Lincoln to Denmark Reconstruction| Lakeside Neighborhood
- Lead Service Line Replacements (Campbell Field, Apple Ave, Oakview) | Campbell Field, Nelson, McLaughlin, Angell, Steele, Sheldon Park, Oakview Neighborhoods
- Edgewater Street Reconstruction – Lakeshore to Thompson | Beachwood/Bluffton Neighborhood
- Millard Ave Reconstruction – Lake Dunes to the West End | Beachwood/Bluffton Neighborhood
- Southern Ave Reconstruction– Lakeshore to Seaway | Nims Neighborhood
- Bluffton Area Reconstruction – Wilcox, Thompson, Edgewater, Plum, Cherry, Walnut, and the alley between Cherry and Walnut | Beachwood/Bluffton Neighborhood
- Contractor Project Link: https://www.preinnewhof.com/construction_projects/wilcox-thompson/
During the 2023 Construction Season, Sanford St and Merril Ave in the Nelson Neighborhood was reconstructed. The slideshow below has photos from the project to give you an idea of what to expect this summer. The Sanford and Merril projects included sanitary sewer and water mains being replaced. The work included various storm sewer improvements, fully rebuilding the asphalt road, and some sidewalk improvements. The project involved replacing various water services from the water main into the home or building throughout the project area.