The Muskegon City Clerk’s Office manages all city elections, including ballot preparation, issuance of absent voter ballots, delivery and setup of voting equipment, training of election inspector boards in the proper election procedures, processing of ballots in compliance with Federal and State election laws, and maintenance of voter registration files.
To learn more about the upcoming election, visit the 2024 Election page.
To verify your voter registration status or polling location or to view a sample ballot for the upcoming election and check to see the status of your absentee ballot, visit the official Michigan Voter Information Center website.
- Voters may register to vote up through Election Day in-person in the Clerk’s Office with proof of residency. Our office will be open the Saturday before each election from 8:00am to 4:00pm to register voters and issue absent voter ballots.
- The deadline to register to vote in any manner other than in-person at the Clerk’s Office is 15 days before the election.
- All registered voters in Michigan are eligible to vote absentee.
There are several polling locations throughout the City of Muskegon. To find a polling place near you, you may view one of the polling resources below:
- List of Polling Places by Precinct (PDF)
- Map of Polling Places – Changes coming in ’24
- Polling Place Locator – Changes coming in ’24
Returning Your Absentee Ballot Application
To return your Absentee Ballot Application in person, place it in the drop box at one of the following locations:
- Clerk’s office hallway, open during business hours.
- Jefferson Street and Muskegon Avenue (across from U.S. 31 BBQ).
- Walton St lobby entrance, open 24/7.
To return your Absentee Ballot by mail, send it in the postage-paid self-addressed envelope provided to:
Muskegon City Clerk
933 Terrace St.
Muskegon, MI 49440
To track your ballot once you’ve mailed it in, visit the Michigan Secretary of State’s Voter Information Center website
Finding Election Results
Visit the Muskegon County Elections page. It will be updated on a continuous basis on election evening and is the quickest way to learn the results of a local election.
To see results from the past election, visit the Muskegon County website.
For more City of Muskegon Election Resources, visit muskegonvotes.com