About Hackley Park
This National Historic Designated Park is City block-bound by Webster and Clay and Third and Fourth Streets (Downtown). The 2.3-acre park was formally designed and dedicated to the memory of Civil War veterans. It was presented to the City in 1890 by Charles H. Hackley.
The park’s focal point is an eighty-foot tall soldier’s monument in its center. Statues of Farragut, Sherman, Grant, and Lincoln grace the corners. Overall, the park creates a strong visual image upon entering the Downtown area and provides visual and physical relief from the urban environment.
Hackley Park is often used to host various ceremonies, rallies, and concerts. Annually during the summer months, the park hosts the Lakeshore Art Festival and Parties in the Park. It is also beautifully decorated for the Christmas season and hosts a Lighting of the Tree ceremony every winter. The proximity to Heritage Village, the County Museum, Hackley Library, and the Art Museum add to its value to the City.
- Picnic Tables
- Open Space