Rachel Gorman is a Commissioner at-Large for the City of Muskegon. She is a Muskegon native and current Downtown Muskegon resident with a Master of Business Administration. She has a background in non-profit work and is an active member of the community.
Rachel comments, “I am thrilled to serve the City of Muskegon as a Commissioner at-Large! The resurgence of our shoreline city is undeniable, and the positive spirit it spurs is infectious. We have seen tremendous growth and historic investments; however, the momentum cannot stop here. As a commissioner, I am here for city residents to build collaborative relationships between city residents, business owners, and the City Commission.”
- Forward Motion – Collaboration between the public and private sectors with local leadership got us to this point, but we can’t slow down now.
- Accessibility – Every resident in the City of Muskegon should have equal access to their Commissioners, City Staff, and Services, as well as multiple avenues to communicate their questions. Additionally, I want to work to make sure residents understand how to access their municipal staff and elected officials so they can provide feedback outside of commission meetings.
- Inclusion – Providing equal opportunity for active participation from all City residents in the decision-making process of economic development opportunities and how they will affect our community.
- Facilitate Dialogue – When differences in opinions arise, I want to aid in providing opportunities to ensure constructive conversation to reach a resolution.
- Oakridge High School
- Bachelor of Science, Grand Valley State University
- Master of Business Administration, Michigan State University
- Director of Development, Pioneer Resources
- Member, Greater Muskegon Jaycees
- Member, LEAD (Leading Efforts Against Discrimination) Muskegon
- Graduate, Muskegon In Focus
- Board Secretary, Parties in the Park
- Muskegon Native
- Lives in Downtown Muskegon with her husband, Brennen, and their dog Maple
City of Muskegon City Commissioner Rachel Gorman can be reached at email@example.com.