Water Filtration Plant – Roberts Street Tank Painting & Repairs
March 22, 2022
The City of Muskegon, Michigan will receive sealed bids until 2:00 p.m. local time on Tuesday, April 5, 2022, at the City Clerk’s Office, City Hall, 933 Terrace Street, Muskegon, Michigan, at which time and place all bids will be publicly opened and read aloud.
The structure is a 1,000,000 gallon radial arm water storage tank (Roberts Tank) with an estimated highwater level of 120 ft. located at 712 Roberts St. in Muskegon, Michigan.
Exterior: High pressure water clean (5,000 to 10,000 psi), spot power tool clean to a SSPC-SP11
standard and apply a three (3) coat epoxy urethane system.
Wet Interior: Spot abrasive blast clean the coating failures to a SSPC-SP10 near-white metal standard
and apply a two (2) coat epoxy system.
Dry Interior: Abrasive blast clean the entire access leg interior and access tube interior to a SSPC-SP6
commercial standard and apply a three (3) coat epoxy system.
Foundation: Remove shrubs adjacent to foundation. Repair spalls. Water clean and apply a two (2) coat
Mixer: Install a mechanical mixer.
1) Replace the riser manway gaskets.
2) Install a gasket on the wet interior roof hatch.
3) Install a hasp on the wet interior roof hatch.
4) Install a handhold at the wet interior roof hatch.
5) Overflow discharge modification.
6) Adjust fall prevention device on the dry interior access tube and wet interior ladders.
7) Install bowl rigging couplings.
8) Install painter’s railing stand-offs.
9) Patch plate on the wet interior platform
10) Weld a plate around the overflow penetration at the bottom of the access tube.
11) Access leg drain holes.
12) Replace light fixtures.
13) Electrical conduit repair.
14) Change all light bulbs in the dry interior.
Please see the bid documents at the end of this post for complete details on this project. If you have any questions, please contact either of the following:
Water Plant Superintendent
Chief Water Plant Operator