Rental Assistance Grant Application
To be eligible for the Rental Assistance Grant, a business must:
- Employ no more than five people.
- Offer retail goods for sale. Restaurants and service industries are excluded, unless at least 50% of sales are generated from retail merchandise (excluding prepared food).
- Have an executed rental agreement and agree to pay no more than $12/sf.
- Prove the need for financial assistance.
- Be new to the City of Muskegon. The owner may not operate other businesses within the city limits. However, existing micro-retailers with under 300 sf of space will be eligible for assistance when they move to their own space with their own street frontage.
- Locate in a retail suite that is visible from the street. Grants are not eligible for businesses locating in an incubator / Co-op.
Please review the Small Retailer Assistance Program Guidelines (PDF) to learn more about the review criteria and selection process.